Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Talented Tuesday - Lois L (Dawson) Dillon

by Lois Lacona (Dawson) Dillon


A Smile

We all know the value of only a smile,
How it cheers when things seem wrong;
When it lightens the heart, and lifts the load,
And happifies even the throng.

There's the smile of the friend as he passes by
Through the crowds, in our daily toil;
And the smile of the one who radiates life
In the midst of the snares and the spoil.

But I think the smile that meant most to me,
Was the one from an innocent face
That glowed with warmth and kindliness there,
As I lifted my eyes - in space.

It sank to the depths of my very soul,
And melted my heart that was lone;
It lifted me up from a load of grief,
To the arms of the Infinite One.
                    L.L.D.
(All rights reserved)                         

1 comment:

  1. I love this! A smile really does make a difference and we often forget just how easy it is to make someone's day and pathway brighter with something so vert simple.

    ReplyDelete