Thursday, August 4, 2011

John Harland and Elizabeth Lowry (Spring) Rodenberger

When I visited my parents in May, my mother gave me four family portraits:  my 3xgreat-grandparents and my 2xgreat-grandparents.  Here are my 3xgreat-grandparents.  John Harland Rodenberger was born in Fayette Co, Ohio on 20 November 1831.  Elizabeth Lowry Spring was born in Ohio on 28 April 1837.  John and Elizabeth married 27 April 1854 in Owen Co, Indiana.

John and Elizabeth with their oldest child, Iona Celeste Silvana Rodenberger - my 2xgreat-grandmother, were enumerated in the 1856 Iowa State Census in Boone, Boone Co.  In 1860 the family, now including their son Charles Cllifford Rodenberger, were enumerated in Bourbon Co, Kansas Territory.  By July 1861, they were back in Clay Co, Indiana.  By September 1865, the Rodenberger family was living in Hallowell, Cherokee Co, Kansas.  John and Elizabeth's family expanded to eight children.

Elizabeth L (Spring) Rodenberger died 8 September 1895 in Cherokee Co, Kansas.  John Harland Rodenberger died 6 September 1908 also in Cherokee Co, Kansas.  They are buried at the McKee Cemetery, Hallowell, Cherokee Co, Kansas.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment